The City of Champaign is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Law
Clerk in the Legal Department. This position is available starting January 8,
2018 for 15-20 hours per week.
Responsibilities of Position
In this position, you will conduct a wide variety of interesting research, including
issues in constitutional, statutory and municipal law. You will also gain
experience preparing written memoranda, pleadings and other legal documents.
• A bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of 30 semester hours of law
school completed at the time of employment.
• Some knowledge of federal and state law.
• A good knowledge of legal reference works and methods of legal
• The ability to seek, analyze, appraise and organize facts, evidence and
• The ability to exercise professional judgment.
• The ability to accomplish assigned tasks in a timely fashion with a
minimum of supervision.
• Superior oral and written communication skills.
• Experience in an office setting.
The salary is $12.00 per hour. Applications, including cover letter, resume,
writing sample and three local references (e.g. Law School), must be
submitted online no later than Wednesday, December 27, 2017.
The City’s mission is to provide responsive, caring, cost-effective service in
partnership with our community. The following values guide our work: Personal
Integrity, Responsibility, Respect, Teamwork, Results. The City of Champaign
is committed to promoting a work environment and a community that values and
supports diversity and inclusion.
To apply, visit the City’s Jobs Page at www.champaignil.gov/jobs.