“Neighbors of Champaign” is an interactive, online communication system designed to support civic engagement in neighborhoods. It is a City of Champaign hosted website that strives to be a virtual “one-stop center” for coordinating communication on neighborhood activities. Visitors can access information on neighborhood organizations registered with the City. Each registered neighborhood organization has a web page on the site to share information about its profile, interests and activities. Visitors can also find and sign-up for email subscriptions to other information concerning neighborhoods and the Community.
Strengthen the vibrancy of Champaign neighborhoods through greater civic engagement and community collaboration.
Provide a virtual place to promote dynamic, inclusive and transparent information sharing among neighborhood residents and organizations, the City and the Community.
- Increase access to information on neighborhood events, projects and initiatives.
- Facilitate convenient coordination of City communication with registered neighborhood organizations and residents.
- Promote greater community awareness of registered neighborhood organizations.
- Enhance the capability of registered neighborhood organizations to communicate and connect with their neighbors and address neighborhood concerns.
- Foster greater collaboration within and between neighborhoods.
- Expand opportunities to connect service interests with the service needs of neighborhoods.